What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your SCANA Bill
For more than 150 year SCANA has been the driving force behind low-cost natural gas for Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. The company transcends past the realm of natural gas for its customers into the field of nuclear energy. SCANA is a large part of the communities it serves by making customers aware of energy sustainability and conservation.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your SCANA bill online by visiting https://secure.scanaenergy.com/ecs/ecsLogin/Login.aspx. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards and debit cards.
BillMatrix: Customers can pay your SCANA bill by using the third-party site, BillMatrix. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks. There is a $3.50 convenience fee associated with BillMatrix.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your SCANA bill by having the funds deducted from your checking or savings account. The payments are deducted monthly or scheduled for a one-time payment with your credit card.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your SCANA bill by mailing payments to:
P.O. Box 100157
Columbia, SC 29202-3157
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your SCANA bill by calling 1-800-450-9175.Acceptable methods of payment include debit cards, credit cards and electronic check. There is a $3.50 convenience fee associated with this service.
Pay in person: Customers can pay your in person by visiting the listed locations on the website. The locations charge a $1 convenience fee with each transaction.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
If you have questions about your SCANA billing statement or the fees assessed to your bill such as administrative fees, late payment fees or connection fees, we recommend you visit the Customer Resource FAQs. This page details the complete list of fees associated with your SCANA account. If you need additional detailed information, you should contact customer service at 1-866-245-7742.
How the Penalty Fees Work
SCANA charges customers a wide variety of fees for service. The fees include connection and reconnection fees, administrative fees, late payment fees and returned check fees.
- Connection fee – When establishing service, SCANA charges customers a fee of $60.
- Administrative fees – SCANA charges customers a fee of $5.75 to $10.95 to cover the costs of administrative expenses.
- Late charges – When you pay your SCANA bill past the due date, a charge of 1.5% or $10 is assessed to your account.
- Returned check – In the event your bank returns your payment for insufficient funds, SCANA charges customers a fee of $25.
- Reconnection – Upon termination of service, SCANA charges customers a fee of $60 to reconnect service.
Due to its commitment to the community, SCANA offers its customers options when you can’t pay your bill. The programs include SCANA Energy Regulated Division and Heating Energy Assistance Team (HEAT).
- SCANA Energy Regulated Division – This program offers low-cost energy assistance to qualified low-income customers as well as elderly customers. Upon qualification, customers purchase natural gas at a lowered rate. Customers call 1-866-245-7742 to inquire about specific requirements.
- HEAT – This non-profit organization provides funds to qualified low-income customers that can’t pay your SCANA bill. The funds collected go directly to the State Department of Human Resources when they disperse funds.
- LIHEAP – This federal program offers energy assistance for qualified applicants. You must use your SCANA services to heat or cool the home to qualify. Learn how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did SCANA help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.