What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your PSNC Energy Bill
Located in Gastonia, North Carolina, PSNC Energy is a seller and distributor of natural gas. The gas company currently provides services for more than 482,000 customers. The service areas include Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, north central North Carolina and western North Carolina. PSNC Energy has a strong commitment to the customer by providing low-cost energy solutions as well as assistance to customers that can’t pay your bill.
How to Pay the Bill
PSNC Energy provides easy and convenient methods for customers to pay your bill. The services available include online payment, payment by mail, payments by phone and in-person payments.
Pay online: Customers can pay your PSNC Energy bill online by visiting https://secure.psncenergy.com/ecs/ecsRegister/RegisterNewUser.aspx. Acceptable methods of payment include electronic check, credit cards and debit cards. When making online credit card payments through BillMatrix, there is a $3.50 service fee.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your PSNC Energy bill by sending payments to:
P.O. Box 100256
Columbia, SC 29202-3256
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your PSNC Energy bill by calling 1-800-450-9159. The acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic check. There is a $3.50 convenience fee associated with phone payments.
Pay in person: Customers can pay your PSNC Energy bill in person by visiting one of several convenient locations. The complete list is available on the PSNC Energy website.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Do you fully understand the fees, such as returned check fees, connection fees and late payment fees? If not, you should visit the PSNC FAQs. You can also contact customer service at 1-800-450-9159 for additional information.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Although PSNC Energy provides natural gas at a low price, the company charges recurring and non-recurring fees. Recurring fees include facilities charges of $10 per month. This amount is applicable for customers that rent or own a home, apartment or condominium. Additional fees include:
- Returned check – When payments return from the bank for insufficient funds, PSNC Energy charges customers a fee of $25 per instance.
- Reconnection – In the event your service is interrupted, PSNC Energy charges for reconnection. Residential customers are charged $65 during regular business hours and $95 after regular business hours. Non-residential customers are charged $95 during regular business hours and $125 after regular business hours.
- Late payment – Customers are charged a fee up to $50 if PSNC Energy receives payments past the established due date.
PSNC Energy offers several programs to customers that can’t pay your bill.
- Payment programs – Customers should contact customer service at 1-877-776-2427 prior to payments being late to discuss payment arrangements. They will take your payments and divide them into manageable payments that fit your budget.
- Crisis Intervention – This Federally-funded program provides assistance to qualified low-income customers that can’t pay your PSNC Energy bill. The maximum amount awarded to households is $600 per year.
- LIHEAP – Qualified low-income customers receive a one-time payment to assist with your PSNC Energy bill. The expenses are dispersed in February and are used for heating expenses. Learn more today about how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did PSNC Energy help you pay your bill? Share your positive or negative experiences below so we can better help customers just like you.