What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Louisville Water Bill
Louisville Water is a small water company serving the area in and around Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to providing water service for local residents, the company:
- Sponsors a 5K run
- Offers tips on hydration and water preservation
- Guides tours of the original water works company
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: You can pay your Louisville Water bill online via https://paymentslwc.billmatrix.com/. The processing company for online payments is Bill Matrix, so customers will have to pay a convenience fee of $2.50 for each payment transaction. You do not need to register for an online account to make payment, but you will need your account number from you Louisville Water bill.
Free check payment: Customers can make free payments with a check via your online account through Louisville Water. Customers must register for a free account. This payment option only accepts check payments.
Pay by phone: Call 1-866-665-4991 to make your payment over the phone. There is no fee for this service. Wait for the confirmation number at the end of the call to ensure you have proof of payment.
Pay by mail: Customers can mail check and money order payments to:
PO Box 32460
Louisville, KY 40232-2460
Pay in-person: Payments for Louisville Water bills can be made at any Fifth Third Bank. Payments may take up to 5 business days to process, so make payments early to prevent late payment fees.
Pay at a customer service center: Customer service centers are available in Louisville and Shepherdsville.
550 3rd St
Louisville, KY 40202
Bullitt County Office
3396 Burkland Blvd
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The Louisville Water Company customer service department can be reached at 1-502-583-6610. If there are service charges or fees on your bill, the Service Rules and Regulations document explains why some fees are charged and how much should be charged.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Customers having trouble making payments may incur fees in addition to past due balances. Fees may include:
- Late payment fee: Louisville Water may add a late payment fee to any past due bill. The fee amount must be approved by the Board of Water Works.
- Returned check fee: Louisville Water reserves the right to charge the state maximum for returned checks and insufficient payments.
- Disconnect fee: Also known as the non-payment fee. $25 per instance.
Louisville Water offers a payment plan and payment extension. Customers can call customer service at 1-888-535-6262 to request a payment plan or extension.
- Payment extension: Moves the due date of your water bill to accommodate financial difficulty making payment. This is a one-time move. The next bill will be due on the regular due date.
- Payment plan: In extreme cases, Louisville Water will place a past due balance on a payment plan. Customers must call to request a payment plan.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Louisville Water may be a small company, but the company offers various payment options, payment plans and payment extensions. Do you have experience with Louisville Water?