What To Do When You Can’t Pay Your Greater Cincinnati Water Works Bill
Greater Cincinnati Water Works is a water company serving the greater Cincinnati area, including part of Kentucky. The company also provides sewer services to their customers. If there is ever a time when you are unable to pay your bill for any reason, the information presented here is designed to help you.
How To Pay The Bill
Greater Cincinnati Water Works gives their customers several different ways to pay their bill, including: MyCheckFree, AutoPay, QuickPay, by phone, by mail, in person, and the night deposit box. If your service has the potential to be disconnected, it is advised to make payment online, by phone, or in person to ensure timely receipt and avoid service interruption.
- To pay your bill via MyCheckFree:Visit the MyCheckFree website at: MyCheckFree.comto learn more about how you can utilize Greater Cincinnati Water Works bill pay online with this service.
- To pay your bill via AutoPay:You’re your payment using an automatic draft from your checking or savings account, withdrawn on the same day every billing cycle. This service is free.
- To pay your bill via QuickPay:Visit QuickPay at http://cincinnati-oh.gov/quickpay to pay your bill online without having to sign into or create an account. You can also use your account for Greater Cincinnati online bill pay. A fee of $4.69 per payment is charged for using either of these systems.
- To pay your bill via phone:Dial 513-591-7700 any time day or night to make a payment you’re your credit or debit card over the phone. A fee of $4.69 per payment is charged for using this system.
- To Pay your bill via mail:Send a check or money order to:
Greater Cincinnati Water Works
P.O. Box 742505
Cincinnati, Ohio 45274-2505
- To pay your bill in person: Visit one of the following locations: 4747 Spring Grove Avenue 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday (this is the only location to accept credit or debit card payments); The City Treasurer’s Office at Cincinnati City Hall, 801 Plum Street, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday; The City of Mason Municipal Center, 6000 Mason-Montgomery Road, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- To pay your bill via the night deposit box:Place your payment in the night deposit box located at 4747 Spring Grove Avenue and allow a full business day for processing.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Greater Cincinnati Water Works gives customers a brief Customer Service FAQs page that explains some details about billing and water quality. If you have questions about fees on your bill, it may be best to contact the service department at 1-513-591-7700.
How The Penalty Fees Work
Greater Cincinnati Water Works does not list their fee amounts on their website, and as non-customers we were not able to get this information from customer service. Typically, customers are charged a late fee for payments made past the due date, a fee for returned payments, a fee for service disconnection, and a fee for reconnection. There may be other fees involved as well, and a fine if you are caught tampering with the meter to restore service after not paying the bill.
I Can’t Make A Payment
For those who cannot make their Greater Cincinnati Water Works payment on time, it is important to call customer service at 513-591-7700 as soon as possible before the due date to make arrangements. As customers are billed on a quarterly basis, they are given 21 days after they receive it to make the payment. If the payment is not made before the 26 day mark, it is considered delinquent and may be in jeopardy of shut off.
Will They Work With Me To Pay My Bill?
Are you or someone you know a customer of Greater Cincinnati Water Works? Have you ever had issues with on time bill payment? Is there anything the company did to help you? Share your experience below with our other readers.