What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Entergy Bill
Entergy is an electric company servicing Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas and Mississippi. The company provides electric to more than 2.5 million customers and reports yearly revenues of around $10 billion.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay by CareFree 3: CareFree 3 is a three-in-one program that allows a customer to set-up automatic payments with level billing. Customers pick the date when payments are deducted from their payment of choice. This service is free.
Pay online: You can pay your Entergy bill online at https://myaccount.entergy.com/eplus/eplus.portal. Customers must have an online account before paying online. There is no charge for making an online payment.
Pay automatically: Automatic bill pay is available from your online customer account. Simple sign in to your account and enter required information. Payments will be deducted automatically each month.
Pay by mail: Payments by mail can be sent via the envelope enclosed with your bill. For all other payments, send payments to:
Entergy Arkansas, Inc.
PO Box 8101
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70891-8101
Pay by Bill Matrix: Bill Matrix payments can be made online or by phone. Payments are credited the same day, but customers must pay a $2.95 processing charge per payment. Payments by phone can be made by calling 1-800-584-1241.
Pay by CheckFree Pay Center or Quick Payment Center: Quick Payment Centers are available in a variety of areas depending on your state. Contact 1-800-368-3749 for a payment center near you. There may be a service charge applied to your payment.
Pay by CheckFree online: CheckFree offers online payment options for customers with no service charge. Payments can be made at MyCheckFree.com.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The Entergy FAQs page offers no information on fees or charges because Entergy operates in five locations and each location has a different FAQs section. From the FAQs page customers can choose the nearest location and find information on late charges, customer charges and fuel charges. Customer service can also answer questions at 1-800-368-3749.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Entergy charges late payment fees, security deposits, returned check fees and reconnection fees:
- Late payment fee: The late payment fee on overdue bills will be 10% of the first $30 and 2% for the remaining balance.
- Security deposits: Security deposits are collected to protect Entergy from customer non-payment. The amount of the security deposit will depend on credit history and other factors.
- Returned check fee: The maximum returned check fee allowed by law is charged if your payment is returned. Entergy operates in multiple states and all states allow a different maximum charge.
- Reconnection fee: If your service is reconnected at the meter, your charge will be $35. If reconnection is made at a place other than the customer meter, the charge is $72.
Entergy offers various options for customers who cannot make a full payment on-time. Options include:
- The Power to Care: The Power to Care program helps elderly and disabled customers make energy payments each month. The program money is collected from employees and customers.
- LIHEAP: LIHEAP home energy assistance program is a federally-funded program for qualified low-income customers of Entergy. Customers must apply for LiHeap and reveal family size and income before being accepted into the program.
- Hot Weather Rule: Elderly and disabled customers are protected from disconnection if the temperatures are above 95 degrees.
- Cold Weather Rule: Elderly and disabled customers are protected against disconnection if the temperatures are below 32 degrees.
- Special Cases: Entergy works with customers with special needs to protect them from non-payment disconnection. Contact customer service at 1-800-368-3749 for more information.
- Payment Arrangements: Payment arrangements and extended due dates are available from Entergy. Customers can contact customer service at 1-800-368-3749 to apply for payment arrangements and extended due dates.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Entergy claims to have a strong dedication to customer service. Did Entergy work with you to make payment arrangements or resolve a past due bill?