What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Elizabethtown Gas Bill
Elizabethtown Gas services the counties of Union, Middlesex, Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon, Morris and Mercer in New Jersey. More than 269,000 customers benefit from the services offered by Elizabethtown Gas. The gas company is a subsidiary of parent company AGL Resources.
How to Pay Your Bill
Pay online: Customers pay your Elizabethtown Gas online by visiting https://csp.aglr.com/selfservice/csp/login.aspx. The service is free. Payments are deducted from your money market, savings or checking account.
Automatic withdraw: Your payment is deducted from your savings or checking account on a monthly basis. Enrolling in automatic withdraw is free, simply complete the online form and send into the corporate office.
Pay by phone: This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days per week. The service is provided through Western Union Speedpay. Call 1-800-589-5029 and speak to a customer service representative or simply follow the prompts. Payments can be made from your savings account, checking account, debit card or credit card. Western Union may charge convenience fee.
Pay in person: Elizabethtown Gas offers two convenient locations for you to pay in person as well as payment centers:
296 State St.
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
12 W. Jersey St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Pay by mail: You can mail payments to:
P.O. Box 11811
Newark, NJ 07101-8111
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Elizabethtown Gas does not offer a FAQs section with rates, fees or charges, but the Rates and Tariffs document lists most service fees. The customer service phone number is 1-800-492-4009.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Elizabethtown Gas charges fees for late payment, insufficient funds, reconnection of service and disconnection of service.
- Disconnection – Elizabethtown Gas charges customers a fee of $200 upon termination of service.
- Reconnection – When your Elizabethtown Gas service is reconnected, they will charge you a fee of $15. If the service is disconnected and reconnected during the subsequent 12 months, Elizabethtown Gas charges you an additional fee, not to exceed $30.
- Insufficient funds – When payments are made and the check is returned for insufficient funds, Elizabethtown Gas charges you a fee of $10.
- Late payment – Elizabethtown Gas charges a fee of one-twelfth of your outstanding balance or 18%, whichever is lower for late payments. The outstanding amount must be greater than $100.
Elizabethtown Gas provides several options to you in the event you have a difficult time paying your bill.
- Universal Service Fund – If your Elizabethtown Gas bill exceeds 6% of your monthly household income, this program provides monthly credits to your bill. The maximum amount of credits you earn is $1,800.
- USF Fresh Start – Enrollment is determined by Elizabethtown Gas. You simply pay your current bill on time for one calendar year and your past due balance is eliminated.
- Lifeline Credit Program – This program is designed for income eligible seniors over 65 and individual 18+ that receive Social Security Disability. The grant provides up to $112.50 per month toward your Elizabethtown Gas bill.
- TRUE Grant – This one-time program assist you with your Elizabethtown Gas bill. This program is designed for low to middle income-eligible individuals and families. The maximum amount applied to your bill is $750
- NJ Shares – This one-time use grant is designed to assist individuals and families that may not qualify for other income-based energy assistance.
- LIHEAP: When looking for assistance to pay your Elizabethtown Gas bill, you have the ability to apply for federal assistance such as LIHEAP. How to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP? You can call customer service at 1-800-492-4009 or visit your local Department of Social Services office. The program is based upon you household income.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
We would love to hear how Elizabethtown Gas worked with you to pay your pas due bill. Did the company provide exceptional customer service or leave you with few options?