What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your East Ohio Gas Bill
East Ohio Gas is one of the largest producer’s energy in the United States. The gas company services customers in the East Ohio valley as well as customers in more than 15 states across the country. East Ohio Gas 11,000 miles of natural gas pipeline as well as a natural gas storage facility of more than 947 billion cubic feet. East Ohio Gas offers several payment options to customers that have difficulty paying their bills.
How to Pay Your Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your East Ohio Gas bill online by visiting http://dom.com/dominion-east-ohio/customer-service/your-bill/ebill.jsp . The service requires you to set up an account and provide a valid email address, pin number and East Ohio Gas account number.
Automatic bill pay: You can have your East Ohio Gas automatically drafted from your savings or checking account on a monthly basis. The service is free. You can cancel the service at anytime.
Pay by phone: When paying your bill by phone, call 1-800-573-1153 first. You will need your credit card/debit card information as well as your account number. There is a $3.95 fee per occurrence for payments received over the phone.
- Payment during business hours – Your payment is credited to your account if the payment is made prior to close of business, or 3 pm daily.
- Payments after hours – Making payments after 3 pm throughout the week or on the weekends causes the payment to be credited on the following business day.
Pay in person: You can pay your East Ohio Gas bill in person at various payment locations.
- Payment during business hours – Your payment is credited to your account if the payment is made prior to close of business, or 4:30 pm daily.
- Payments after hours – Making payments after 4:30 pm throughout the week of on the weekends causes the payment to be credited on the following business day.
- Third-party convenience centers – Using unauthorized convenience centers causes payments to be delayed up to five days. The third-party center can charge convenience fees.
Pay by mail: You can pay your bill by mail by sending payments to:
Dominion East Ohio
P.O. Box 26785
Richmond, VA 23261-6785
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
East Ohio Gas publishes Rate Information, including returned payment fees and late payment fees. Customer service is available to answer questions about 1-800-632-7557.
How the Penalty Fees Work
East Ohio Gas charges fees for reconnection, late payments and security deposits.
- Late payment – If East Ohio Gas receives your payment past the due date, your are assessed a late payment charge equal to 1.5% of the past due balance.
- Security deposit – The security deposit charged is equivalent to the average of two months worth of service.
- Reconnection – In the event your East Ohio Gas is terminated for non-payment, the company charges a $33 fee to reconnect.
- Returned payment – If your East Ohio Gas bill payment is returned for insufficient funds, the fee is $12 per instance.
When you receive a past due notice, you will need to call customer service at 1-800-362-7557. The customer service representative explained to us that they could not disclose individual payment options, but directed us to help information on the website.
- Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus – You will pay 6% of your total monthly household income or $10. The amount is credited toward your monthly balance which is split into 24 equal payments.
- Winter Crisis Program – This program helps qualified, income-eligible families and individuals during the months of November to March.
- Medical Certification –The service delays disconnection of your East Ohio Gas service for 30 days. You must have proper documentation from a licensed medical professional claiming that termination of service causes a life-threatening condition.
- Budget Plus – You outstanding balance is split into 12 equal payments and added to your current balance. The payment is due on a monthly basis.
- Current Plus – You will pay your current bill as well as outstanding balance that is divided into six equal parts.
- One-Third Winter Heating Plan – During the winter months, November 15 to April 15, you can pay one-third of your East Ohio Gas bill.
- One-Ninth Payment Plan – You will have your outstanding balance split into nine equal parts. This amount is added to your current balance.
- Special Winter Assistance – The service runs for the duration of the winter months. You will pay a one-time payment of $175 and pay the remainder of your bill after the winter heating season. A reconnection fee is applied to the remainder of your balance.
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program: The LIHEAP program is available for the winter months to help customers pay current or past due heating or cooling costs. The service is only available to qualified low-income customers.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
We’d love to hear more from consumers like YOU about East Ohio Gas. What did the utility company do to help you pay your bill?