What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Tucson Water Bill
Tucson Water is one of several departments in the City of Tucson, Arizona. The water company services more than 225,000 residents as well as industrial and commercial businesses. Tucson Water meets or exceeds the standards set forth by the United State Environmental Protection Agency.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Tucson Water online by visiting https://tucsonaz.gov/cotutilities/Click2GovCX/GetPinInput.jsp.
Pay automatically: Customers can have your Tucson Water bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis. Send the completed application to:
P.O. Box 27210
Tucson, AZ 85726-7210
Pay by mail: Customers can mail your Tucson Water bill to:
City of Tucson
P.O. Box 28804
Tucson, AZ 85726-8804
Pay in person: Customers can pay your Tucson Water bill in person by visiting:
310 W. Alameda St.
Tucson, AZ 85726
255 W. Alameda St.
Tucson, AZ 85726
Additional location: Tucson Water bill are accepted at the following locations:
- Development Services Center
- Eastside City Hall
- Price Service Center
- Com Tek Paging and Cellular
- Coronado Market
- Food City
- Mail Solutions and More
- Monterey Market
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
If your billing statement or account contains information you are not familiar with, we recommend you visit the Tucson Water FAQs page. The page explains fees such as cancellation fees, late payment fees and security deposits. For additional information, we suggest you call customer service at 1-502-791-3242.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Customers should be aware of the fees Tucson Water charges. Several charges are not assessed on a monthly basis, such as the improper disposal of wastewater, cancellation fee and returned check fee. We inquired about a security deposit and customer service explained that this fee is dependent upon the creditworthiness of the customer.
- Cancellation fee – In the event a customer wants to terminate service, Tucson Water charges a fee of $30.
- Improper disposal of wastewater – The fee for improper disposal of wastewater is $250 to $500.
- Returned checks – Payments returned to Tucson Water for insufficient funds are assessed a fee of $28 per occurrence.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Many customers are faced with financial hardships that cause them to not be able to pay your Tucson Water bill. The company offers programs designed to assist qualified low-income customers.
- Payment arrangements – Tucson Water customers must call 1-502-791-3242 and speak to a customer service representative to arrange a payment agreement. Upon approval, customers must follow the rules of the agreement.
- Pima County Community Action Agency – This agency offers Tucson Water bill pay assistance for qualified low-income residents. The criterion is based upon household income and the amount of occupants. Customers are eligible for assistance twice in one calendar year.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Tucson Water is a small company, but offers multiple options for customers that can’t pay your bill. What was your experience dealing with Tucson Water? Leave us a comment below.