What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Kentucky-American Water Bill
Kentucky-American Water is a water company operating under the American Water company umbrella. There are divisions of American Water throughout the United States. Customers having trouble making a Kentucky-American Water payment should contact customer service immediately. Waiting simply increases the risk of being charged late payment fees and other late charges.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay by mail: Payments for Kentucky-American Water can be sent via mail to the following address:
Kentucky American Water
PO Box 371880
Pittsburg, PA 15250-7880
Pay automatically: Customers wishing to have monthly payments deducted from a bank account must fill out the automatic payment form. This payment option keeps water bills current, but if the account on file does not have sufficient money to cover the water charge, the customer will pay a returned payment fee.
Pay online: You can pay your Kentucky-American Water bill online at https://wss.amwater.com/selfservice-web/ss_login2.do;jsessionid=760B11DF67D32C9232E219C0076867AE. Residential customers must sign-up for account access on the MyH20 website to make a payment.
Pay by phone: Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted at 1-866-271-5522. There is a fee for making a payment by phone. Customers need access to the physical credit card and the full 10-digit Kentucky-American Water account number to make payment.
Payment centers: If you want to make payment in person, you can visit one of the convenient payment locations serving Kentucky-American Water.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The Rates and Tariffs document explains returned check fees, reconnection charges and other fees assessed by Kentucky American Water. Customer service can answer any detailed questions at 1-800-678-6301.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Kentucky-American Water does not list specific penalty fees, but we did find fees listed on another American Water website.
- Returned payment fee: Kentucky-American Water may charge $20 or more for a returned payment.
- Disconnect fee: If your service is disconnected, you may be responsible for a $30 fee to reconnect service.
- Late payment fee: Kentucky-American Water charges a late fee of 1.5% of the past due balance. This fee will be charged each month if there is a rolling past due balance.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Kentucky-American Water offers low-income programs for customers having trouble making water bill payments.
- Payment arrangements: Customers fighting financial distress can contact Kentucky-American Water to place an overdue bill on a payment plan. You need to pay 25% of the past due amount within 48 hours of making the payment arrangement. The remaining balance can be broken into six equal payments. Customers are responsible for both the payment plan and current charges.
- H20 Help to Others: Contact customer service for more information on this payment program. The number for customer service is 1-800-678-6301. There are income guidelines customers must meet before receiving support from the program.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Kentucky-American work with you to make your overdue balance disappear?